This the country church near our house. Its been around since 1892 when land was first set aside for a church acre.
The bell of the church was salvaged from the wreck of the Devon in Wellington harbour and added in 1913.
The hall was added to this site in 2001, though originally built in 1862 as a Presbyterian church. It is listed as a catergory 1 historic place. It was prepared as a safe haven during intertribal disputes, complete with musket ports on each side, though never used for this purpose.